With BiP fast approaching her first birthday I started to question when does Baby-Led Weaning stop being BLW and become just eating? My answer? It doesn’t. Not yet anyway.
The reason why?
There are milestones yet to reach! They still need to work out how to:
- Use a spoon, a fork, a knife and fork
- Understand that you do not throw your plate across the room mid-meal
- Work out how to serve themselves from the main dish on the table using a utensil
- Not put half their meal, or more, on the floor
- Vocalise what they like and dislike
At the end of the day it’s all about the Baby-Led Weaning is a Mindset – it’s the way you approach mealtimes with your baby. You let them choose and decide – that does not have to stop.
What do you think?